Monday, February 19, 2007

Getting closer...

Turandot is rapidly approaching. Our first performance is on Sunday, March 4 at McCarter Theatre in Princeton and the second is on March 11 at the State Theatre in New Brunswick, both at 3pm.

Even though the first performance is still almost 2 weeks away, we're very busy here in the office because rehearsals begin on Thursday - yes, this Thursday. And in between all the music and staging rehearsals (pictures to follow once said rehearsals begin), I'm busy arranging photo shoots and interviews with the cast and creative staff. (Don't worry, I'll let you know which newspapers to snatch up when the time comes).

Actually, technically speaking, rehearsals have already begun. The chorus (Mendelssohn Club of Philadelphia) and the orchestra (Westfield Symphony) have been rehearsing their parts for several weeks now. Soon it will all come together... That's a LOT of people to fit on one stage - not to mention the supernumeraries and dancers!

I'm also working on getting you a couple of "guest bloggers" to come tell their stories. Otherwise, you'll be reading lots about the status of the program book, why Adobe's InDesign is the best layout program out there and what it's like to watch rehearsals. My hope is to get you the real inside scoop on what it's really like to be in the rehearsal process.

Will I succeed? I hope so. You'll just have to keep coming back to read more, now won't you?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Patricia-
I think you'll succeed.
I'm glad to see all of the photographs of the rehearsals as well.
Ciao,
Rach